1.06.2021

January Writing Challenge 2021: 6

6. What does love feel like to you? When have you felt it?

This is a very heavy question, and is hard to articulate for me but I am going to try.

Love feels like comfort. It feels like care, and honesty, and openness. It feels like cuddles and hugs and kisses. It feels like a home cooked meal, and being able to sit in comfortable silence together. It feels like deep conversations, and casual small talks. It feels like warmth. I know some people think that love feels scary, but I never felt that way. To me love feels sure. It feels solid. 

I feel it every time someone cooks for me. Every time I eat a home cooked Filipino meal from my parents. Every time my husband warms my cold hands or feet for me in the winter. I feel it every time I rub my fat cat's squishy belly. I feel it every time I kiss my husband. Every time I share an inside joke with friends, a meme text, a funny selfie. I feel it every time I get a phone call from someone I haven't talked to in a while, every time I get mail from a friend, and every time my husband reluctantly lets me hold his hand in public because he hates PDA. 

I felt love in abundance in this past year despite being apart from most of the people I love. Hopeful that I'm able to feel more and more love in 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment