1.23.2013

Houston

I was in Houston over the Thanksgiving holiday this past year, and my boyfriend drove down from Austin on Black Friday to meet me and hang out in the city. He used to live in Houston so he wanted to take me to all the places he used to like to eat.

Morning eats:
Egg and chorizo breakfast taco from Chilosos, jalapeno sausage and cheese kolaches from Christy's Donuts, the inside of Christy's Donuts, B at Inversion Coffee laughing at me.

Afternoon eats:
Spring rolls, Vietnamese coffee, bahn mi - all from Les Givrals, fancy cocktails from Anvil.

Evening eats:
B took me to Yum Yum Cha in Rice Village for dim sum but I was too enthusiastic about the veggie dumplings and sesame balls that I forgot to take pictures of everything.

And of course, no trip to Houston is complete without Tex Mex from a 24-hour restaurant following a night of drinking. So much cheese. So much.


No comments:

Post a Comment