7.14.2012

Eating Astoria: Telly's Taverna

This is the first installment in what will (hopefully) be an ongoing series in which I will attempt to eat my way through Astoria, one gyro at a time. 

I definitely moved to the right part of town. Astoria is known for a wide variety of awesome food from all parts of the world, and I plan on eating as much of it as I can. Last Sunday night I started with the cuisine which the area might be best known for, which is Greek food. After some Yelping and food blog perusal, I decided to try out Telly's Taverna.

Greek salad. I think feta cheese should always come in chunks that big.

Pastitsio, a creamy, cheesy Greek version of lasagna. The two things on either side were super tasty potatoes.

Grilled octopus. Tastes way better than it looks.

Pretty summer night for stuffing your face with Greek food.

Loukomades, fried dough balls covered in honey and cinnamon. I probably could've eaten about 20 of these. Plus, they were on the house!

I don't think I could ever be a really good food critic, because all of my reviews would probably be, "The food was awesome," or "The food was really good," or "The food wasn't that great but I ate it anyway." But everything was really good, and we ate our food and sipped on wine outside on a nice, warm summer night, and left with tummies full and heads pleasantly buzzing.

2 comments: