7.18.2012

Eating Astoria: Queens Comfort

I decided to try out Queens Comfort after reading through their eclectic and mouth-watering menu (Cap'n Crunch chicken fingers, PB&J burger, chicken and waffles, Mexican-style grilled corn, to name a few). It's located on 30th Ave and as we walked down the street on an early Saturday night, it was bustling and busy and dotted with a ton of crowded restaurants and bars that we made note to try out in the future. 30th Ave is totally happenin' and it's a 15 minute walk from my apartment so we're definitely planning on going out there one of these nights. Anyway, Queens Comfort is totally cute and everything we got was SO DELICIOUS OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY.

Their version of elote, which is Mexican-style grilled corn, similar to the corn you get in front of the H-E-B or Fiesta in Texas. This was smothered in mayo and Parmesan cheese and Sriracha sauce and tasted like home.

CAP'N CRUNCH CHICKEN FINGERS. No, your eyes do nay deceive you, that is powdered up Cap'n Crunch Cereal. Food on a whole other level. This is real life you guys.

For my entree I couldn't decide between the meatloaf sandwich or the beer braised chicken flautas, but after chomping down on two appetizers I thought the chicken flautas would be the lighter option of the two. It probably was, but not by much, because I got 3 gigantic flautas on a huge bed of corn salsa/salad stuff. It was really tasty, plus I always appreciate any dish that comes with a fried egg on top.

My roommate ordered the fried chicken and waffles, which were also, of course crazy good.

Another awesome plus is that the restaurant is BYOB, so we walked into a Duane Reade and picked up a six-pack to enjoy with our ridiculous meal.

We probably went a bit overboard on the food, because I was uncomfortably full after all of that, plus drinking two beers. Somehow, I dragged myself all the way home, collapsed on the couch and refused to move for the rest of the night. But it was so worth it. NO. REGRETS.

No comments:

Post a Comment