9.12.2012

Texas.

Somehow all my posts became about food, but I didn't mean for this to become a food blog. I haven't really written anything about my personal life in a while, so I figured now would be a good time. Although this post does feature food, too. Oh well.

I went back home to Texas two weeks ago and had a really great time seeing family and friends, and of course, stuffing my face. If you follow me on Instagram you have already seen most of these photos, but I don't care what you think deal with it.

I ate a lot. My parents made so much awesome food while I was home in Houston, including this Filipino dish, pancit palabok.

More food at home (clockwise): Vietnamese sandwich, a fresh coconut for drinking, and a lot of Filipino desserts: bibingka (a type of rice cake), puto (the colored rice cakes), kutsinta (orange sticky rice cake), pichi-pichi (sweet gelatinous dessert made from grated cassava), and kamote (a type of sweet potato I think)  

I also looked through a bunch of old photo albums one day when I was bored.

Then I drove to Austin with my brother.

Did some cool things with cool people.

And ate a lot of great food. Clockwise: Mexican martini, sno cone from Casey's New Orleans Sno Balls, BBQ from Stiles Switch BBQ, chicken enchiladas from Polvos

I already can't wait to go back again, but it probably won't be until Thanksgiving :(

Other things:

  • It's starting to get cooler in New York and I'm still not used to real seasons so I find it odd that it's cooling down so early in September. I like it, but then again I don't because I feel like summer wasn't long enough. I need more time to wear cut offs and sundresses, goddammit.
  • I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I'm starting to work on different projects and clients, so that has been really interesting and cool. Yay for being a functioning adult in the real world.
  • I went to Meatopia last weekend which is a meat food festival here in New York, and it was AWESOME. Separate entry about that coming very soon.
  • :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment