5.02.2011

I love this

The Flaming Lips and MGMT sing an acoustic version of "Kids"



The Flaming Lips are incredible live, I got to see them last summer at Free Press Summer Fest in Houston. They put on one hell of a show, complete with giant hand props that shoot out green lasers, Wayne Coyne crowd surfing in a man-sized plastic bubble, crazy video projections and lights, cameras on the end of their microphones and copious amounts of confetti. Pretty much one of the most amazing and elaborate shows I've ever seen.

Another reason I love this is because I'm pretty sure I'll never get tired of MGMT's song "Kids." I still listen to it a lot and every time I do it reminds me of dance parties and being carefree and friends and fun and laughter and spring and summer and Austin City Limits Festival 2008 and a late night run to Kerbey Lane where MGMT's album played in its entirety and we discussed its merits and singing too loudly in the car and drunken nights and hungover days. Too bad MGMT kind of sucks now, but "Kids" will forever be one of my all-time favorite songs.



Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment