3.07.2011

This is a fashion post


I've been thinking a lot about personal style lately, and what exactly it means. I think I've always been fascinated with fashion because what a person decides to wear really says a lot about them. It's an expression of who they are, or at the very least who they want other people to think they are. I don't think there is anyone who completely doesn't give a shit about what they wear, if anything people who "don't give a shit" choose things to wear that specifically say they "don't give a shit."

The reason I've been thinking about it so much is probably because I've been reading a ton of fashion blogs at work, since some of the Facebook and Twitter messaging I write has to be fashion-related. I've been drooling over all the beautiful fall collections from all the fashion weeks, and I love the innovation and creativity some people put into what they wear. One blog I've become completely obsessed with is Jess Loves Fred, who is this cute Australian girl who dresses amazingly. I was so inspired by how she manages to take current trends and put her own spin on them, and how she takes risks and just owns whatever she's wearing. Her style is so original and refreshing, and most of the stuff she wears is thrifted. Here are a few of my favorite looks of hers.




So I got a bit carried away, but I basically love everything she wears. Her blog's inspired me to try to take more risks in my fashion as a way of figuring out exactly what my personal style is, so I'm going to try to take pictures of my outfits to try and document the evolution I guess, of my personal style. Below is what I wore last week.

From L-R: Urban Outfitters sweater, Charlotte Russe tank, Forever 21 leggings, UO necklace and rain boots; H&M gray dress, Gap little boy's blazer that used to belong to my brother, no idea where the tights are from, shoes I stole from my mom; F21 sparkly sweater, Claire's fake leather leggings, Target necklace, F21 bootie heels; American Eagle sweater, same Charlotte Russe tank, F21 leggings, lace-up boots that used to belong to my mom; mom's old red sweater, Express sequin tank I got as a gift from Samantha, F21 skirt, Target tights, H&M knee high stockings, mom's black shoes again.

I realized after I uploaded these that I should have taken them in natural light instead of the nasty fluorescent light in my basement. I also realize how stubby my legs look. Eww. Also compared to the pictures above, my outfits look like complete shit. Oh well. This is why I'm doing this I guess, to improve upon my style or whatevs. This entry got way too long so I'm going to end it now.

1 comment: