10.28.2011

What I think about late at night


Life is made up of stories. We read stories, we hear them, we watch them. We live them and then tell them to someone else later on. I've decided that's what I want to do. Tell other people's stories. I realized this after reading this New York Times story about a couple who fell in love while one was on death row. It really resonated with me for some reason, and I came to the realization that what I want to do most is find out other people's strange stories and tell them. Because everyone has a story to tell about something, all the time. It may not always be the most interesting and engaging thing, but every once in a while something absolutely crazy happens to someone, and it's almost too good to be true. That's the kind of story I want to tell.

So I've gotten into the habit of writing down everything I hear from people whenever I can. I figure something will come up eventually, and just the other day I actually heard an insane story from my coworker. But I'll save that for my next entry.

Part of me feels like I should change the name of this blog from "Jo-Anne Doing Things" to something along the lines of "Other People Doing Things," but I like the name of my blog, so whatevs. I don't even care.


No comments:

Post a Comment