11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



I thought I’d share what I’m thankful for this year, aside from the blatantly obvious family and friends, etc etc. Of course I’m thankful for my mom, dad and my brother, I try not to think about the fact that I won’t be with them for Thanksgiving and how sad I am about it. And I’m thankful for all my friends, I miss every one of them and I can’t wait to see them all when I’m back in Texas for Christmas and New Year. So of course besides those things, and being alive, having a roof over my head, and all that boring shit, here is what I’m thankful for.


Kanye West.
I finally bought his new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and it’s been on repeat ever since. Everything about this album is brilliant, Yeezy is a musical genius. My absolute favorite track is “All of the Lights,” with its epic horn section, incredibly catchy hook and cameos from Rihanna, Kid Cudi, Elton John(!!), Alicia Keys, John Legend, Elly Jackson from La Roux and like five other artists. He really outdid himself with this one and Fantasy is one of the best albums of the year, and I’m not afraid to say it, probably one of the best albums ever.

Four Loko.
This insane drink has been getting a lot of attention lately, and for good reason. One can is the equivalent of four beers and three cups of coffee TOGETHER. So it makes sense that they banned it in a couple of states, including New York, but of course I had to go out and try it before it wasn’t available anywhere anymore. I went to a nearby corner store and got a can of Fruit Punch flavored Four Loko, thinking it would be the best flavor out of the six or so choices I saw. I was so, so wrong. It tasted like a mixture of cough syrup and Raid roach spray.

While I couldn’t make it through the entire can, I did chug enough to feel a little bit of the effects, but not enough to fully evaluate it. So I plan to repeat my experiment with what I’m told are the “better” flavors, Orange and Watermelon. So thank you Four Loko, for giving me yet another alternative to choose from for the reason I wake up feeling ill and full of regret from the night before.

Harry Potter.
Seeing The Deathly Hallows: Part I has reignited my unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter. I’ve pretty much grown up alongside Harry, and I’ve been a die-hard fan since I was 12. The Deathly Hallows was an amazing film. It stayed true to the book, had stellar performances, it was dark and scary and epic and sweet and sad and everything I love about Harry Potter. And Rupert Grint’s performance as Ron was hands down the standout part of the movie; he was so freaking good. This movie perfectly set everything up for the last part, and I will be there at midnight. Probably bawling the whole time.

I wrote a much more thorough reaction to the movie on my Livejournal, but it’s basically the ranting of a crazed Potter fan, so I’ll just leave it at that.

Free donut/cupcake Fridays at work.
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Every Friday my work provides free Dunkin Donuts and coffee or cupcakes for the entire building. It’s a welcome treat, everyone eagerly awaits an email at around 3 or 4 o’clock saying that our Friday snacks are in the cafeteria, and then immediately I hear a stampede of people rushing past my cubicle. This happens every Friday, and it’s always the best way to end the week. Last week I discovered how yummy coconut cupcakes are, and so I’m thankful for those as well.

A few more things I’m thankful for: patterned tights, Willow Smith’s “I Whip My Hair” music video, animals in people clothing, anything Oreo-flavored, floral print, Florence + The Machine, mac and cheese, Glee, glitter nail polish, Google maps and Chipotle burrito bowls.

That about covers it.

4 comments: